Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas Morning

"Christmas is here! Christmas is finally here, hooray, hooray. Momma, Papa, wake up, wake up! It's Christmas Day! Santa's been! It's Christmas Day!" I bet at least 90% of the world's population did this on Christmas Morning. I know, for one, that I used to wake myself up really early in the morning so I could sneak downstairs and wait under the Christmas Tree. Should I take a peek. I never really did because I was too scared that Santa might find this naughty, so I sat and waited, and then, when the Sun rose, I went screaming into my parents room.
I guessed that the only reason they didn't yell at me for jumping on their stomachs, taking them away from their peaceful dreams, was because it was a given that every single child in the world was probably doing the same. It's Christmas. Totally different from your Birthday because I usually waited in my bed until everyone came and shouted 'Happy Birthday!'

But years later once that little girl grew up a crankier, taller (prettier?) version wakes up early in the morning to jump on the computer and begin blogging. I specifically remember, two months ago, that I thought I'd never go onto Blogger again, that I'd forget my password and would just have an account floating around Blogger Space, never to be touched..... But after countless times my friends kept reminding me and after a long time I finally feel like I'm in love. So much in love that I have to jump on here to post before running to wake everyone up.

And Yes, I still do that, and my parents never say a word about a Seventeen-Year-Old girl jumping on their stomachs, waking them from their peaceful dreams and shouting "Santa's Been!"

1 comment:

LadyNansei said...

Haha. I should have done that this christmas. It just sucks because my mum always wakes up before me. I never actually did that when I was a kid, though, I think I did it once but I usually just laid in bed and talked to my sister or got up and waited in the lounge room until everybody would come to open the prezzies.